Introduction: Itchy scalp always forms a reason for embarrassment. It mostly occurs in winter when there is no moisture in the hair, causing itching and making scalp dry.Home remedies are useful and easy to implement.
Home remedies to get rid of itchy scalp:
- Coconut Oil- Coconut oil is useful for itchy scalp, massage the scalp with coconut oil for few minutes. Vitamin oil mixed with coconut oil is very useful, it helps in providing moisture to the scalp. Coconut oil helps in making the scalp soft and moisturize. It is always recommended to use coconut oil on your scalp two times in a week.
- Tea Tree oil- Tea tree oil helps in providing nourishment to hair and reduces dryness of the scalp. Tea tree oil has antibacterial and antifungal property. Apply few drops of tea tree oil on scalp and leave for the whole night. For better results apply the oil two times in a week.
- Apple cider vinegar- Apple cider helps in removing dead cells from the scalp and reduces itchiness. The acid present in apple cider vinegar has antibacterial and antifungal propertieswhich help in killing bacteriacausing itchiness. Mix apple cider vinegar with water, andapply on the scalp. Apply the mixture two times in a week for a better result.
- Baking Soda- Baking Soda contains antibacterial and antifungal properties which help in killing the dangerous microbes causing infections. Mix baking soda with water and apply on the scalpfor fifteen minutesand wash with cold water.
- Olive Oil- Olive oil has anti-inflammatory property, which helps in providing relief from itchiness. Heat the oil and apply on the hair scalp, leave the oil on hair for thewhole night. For better results and to get rid of itchiness use twice in a week.
- Lemon Juice- Lemon juice is acidic and helps in reducing itchiness. It has an anti-inflammatory agent. Apply lemon juice on the scalp for fifteen minutes and then wash with cold water. Apply lemon juice on hair scalp two times in a week.
- Hazel Oil- Take two is to one proportion of water and hazel oil and mix them properly. Massage the mixture on the scalp for few minutes. Leave the mixture for few minutesand wash with cold water. In every four days apply the solution on the scalp for better results.
- Aloe Vera- Aloe Vera is beneficial for cleaning dandruff and reducing itchiness. It acts as a moisturizer to the hair. Apply the gel of Aloe Vera directly on hair scalp and leave for few minutes. Wash with lukewarm water, apply Aloe Vera gel once in a week for better results.
Conclusion: Itchiness in thescalp is mainly in winters, hair massage is required as dryness is also one of the reasons for itchiness. Combs should never be shared with anyone, as it might cause infections, dandruff,etc. Regular washing of hair is not advisable;as it creates hair to dry.
About the author: The articles has been published by Jenny Winset an avid content writer and guest blogger at thefogut digital marketing services provider agency. If you are looking for such informative content then Jenny is the best option for you.