Alcohol rehabilitation is the process, in which medical and psychotherapeutic treatment is combined to treat dependency on alcohol. The aim of both drug and alcohol treatment centers is, for the patient to keep permanent abstinent and acquire psychological equipment for long-term sobriety.
Several goals of an alcohol rehab centers
- Stop the alcohol abuse-The the first goal of alcohol rehabilitation is the end of alcohol abuse.
- The rehab centers have the goal to improve the general health of addict. Improvement in general health plays an important role in long-term sobriety and for a healthier lifestyle.
- The rehabilitation centre aims to minimize the negative behavior and solve the legal problem concerning to the patient’s life.
- Rehabs also aim to provide or refer treatments of some specific psychological crises.
- The goal of a rehab centre also meet with the employment and education needs in order to facilitate future success
Types of treatment for alcoholism
Before choosing a help for alcoholism you should confirm the services that are offered by a rehabilitation program.
Alcohol Detox– Detoxification is the initial step but most difficult in treating alcoholism. It may cause very uncomfortable withdrawal symptoms. Detoxification is the stage which should be completed under the guidance of treatment specialist.
Inpatient rehabs-The inpatient rehab facility is an environment of treatment in which patient has to remain on site for the program duration like 30, 60 or 90 days. The specialists care the patient around the clock and prepare them for the better life after rehab.
Alcohol counseling-The specialist meets with the individual to communicate and to guide them in the duration of recovery. Counseling helps an addict to get rid of alcohol abuse and also deal with underlying issues related their drinking problems such as family relationship, work stress and other circumstances like this.